ImaJAN Media Network
MeltedJoystick Home
   Games  Members
Search +
Searching... Close  
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
  
 
  Login Using Facebook
Twitter
 
 
 

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (2009) Game Information

Your Rating:
   
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (2009)
  Write Review +  Request correction + Add to List: Add to game list 

Overall Rank:

516

Avg. Rating:

3.83/5

# of Ratings:

6

US Release Date:

09/08/2009

JP Release Date:

04/09/2009

Platform:

Wii

ESRB Rating:

T
Like Game:   

Multiplayer:

No

Developer:

Vanillaware

Publisher:

Ignition Entertainment, Marvelous Entertainment

Genres:

Action (Beat ‘Em Up), Role Playing (RPG) (Elements)

Synopsis:

Experience two intertwining stories in this beautiful game by VanillaWare. Momohime is a princess possessed by the spirit of an evil master of the Oboro Sword Style. Kisuke is a renegade ninja hunted by his own kind. See how these two fates connect and help these characters escape their unhappy destinies.

Related Game Lists

7th Generation Top 10 (Wii, PS3, X360) by Nelson Schneider Games I Own: Wii by dbarry_22
Games I Own by Chris Kavan Top Game List by Nelson Schneider
Top Wii by Nelson Schneider Games I Own by dbarry_22
Finished: Wii by Boo Games I Own: Wii by Nelson Schneider
Games I Own by Exitus Top Wii by Chris Kavan

Quick Game Reviews

Chris Kavan 02/20/2011 (1 of 1 found this helpful)

Rating of
4.5/5 

Certainly the best-looking game on the Wii I have played thus far, it's simply visually stunning with flowing animation and a beautiful design be it characters or location. The only minor quibble I have is it tends to get very repetitive, especially with hefty backtracking to get all the goodies. It's a worthy game that shouldn't be overlooked.

Write comment +View all reviews + Was this review helpful? Yes   No
 

Full Game Reviews

  Jonzor
Jonzor
Regular Gamer
 

09/13/2011 (3 of 3 found this helpful)

Yeah, I said it: Episode IV

I have this theory about Final Fantasy VII. The theory says that much of the appreciation of the game stemmed from people who had a real affinity for it’s art style. A generation of teenagers growing up, getting into anime, stumbled upon Final Fantasy VII and...

“Wow! I get to... play... anime? Best. Game. Ever. Man, the Japanese really know how to write great dialog for black people.”

Of course, this was years before that particular meme had caught on, but you get the point. Opinion of the game was enhanced by an attraction to the art style.

Before I go further, I should add that this theory really stemmed from meeting like two people that it applied to. I’ve met people who run counter to this theory, but then, I can’t say I care enough to go back and modify a...

Rating of
3.5/5 

read more +
 
Write comment +View all reviews + Was this review helpful? Yes   No
 
 
  Nelson Schneider
Nelson Schneider
Epic Reviewer
 

02/20/2011 (3 of 3 found this helpful)

The Most Beautiful Game This Gen is on the Wii

“Muramasa: The Demon Blade” is the latest action/RPG by the fine folks at VanillaWare. They have quite the reputation for creating beautiful and interesting games dating all the way back to “Princess Crown” on the Saturn (I'm still waiting for a North American release on that one!). “Muramasa” was one of my most-anticipated games this generation; but does it live up to its pedigree?

Presentation
“Muramasa” is, quite simply, beautiful. I have long believed that VanillaWare's incredible sprite-work is what 80% of modern games SHOULD look like, with the remaining 20% free to experiment with polygons and Uncanny Valleys. “Muramasa's” environments are built from innumerable layers of parallax scrolling, many of which contain animation, that create a world that is...

Rating of
5/5 

read more +
 
Write comment +View all reviews + Was this review helpful? Yes   No
 
 
 
Log In
 
For members wanting to use FB to login, click here
remember me
 
 

What Members Are Doing

Comments about...

New Game Reviews

Ninja Gaiden ( Shadow Warr... game review by Nelson Schneider
Super Mario Land game review by Nelson Schneider
The Messenger game review by Nelson Schneider
Red Dead Redemption 2 game review by dbarry_22
Mass Effect: Andromeda game review by Chris Kavan
Life is Strange: Before th... game review by Chris Kavan
God of War game review by Chris Kavan
Cthulhu Saves the World game review by Nick

New Game Lists

Backlog by Nelson Schneider
Games I Own: Switch by dbarry_22
Ranking the James Bond Video ... by SIngli6
Backlog by Matt
My Backlog by Chris Kavan
Top GameCube Games by Batgirl1979
Top PlayStation 3 Games by Megadrive
Top Nintendo (NES) Games by Nick

 

 

 


 Release Date:  09/08/2009Close + 
 Incorrect Trailer +  

Contact Us Public Relations MeltedJoystick Friends    

Advertise and Business

Contacts Us

Jobs

About us

SiteMap

 

Support Us

FAQ and Help

News and Press

Terms of Use

Privacy

Hitfix.com

Amazon.com

OVGuide.com